The government and the law is created to defend rights. One of the most fundamental rights is the right to thought (this includes beliefs and opinions). Should the government defend people's rights to believe that certain discriminations are ok?

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Shiny Pink Gems With Silver Stars
"This one was from my great-great-great-great-grandmother," Olivia stated pulling out a beautiful antique gold necklace with amber and emerald stones. 
"Really, Olivia?" I said with a smile. "I can't believe you got to meet your great-great-great-great-grandma!"
"Well..." Olivia paused. "She's actually just my great-grandmother."
"I see," I stated. Then I paused and looked at her searching for the real meaning behind her over-exaggeration. 
"Now close your eyes!" I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to not have seen the stunning gold ring with yellow semi-precious gem. "I must emphasize AGAIN," clarified Olivia, "that you must be very very D-E-L-I-C-A-T-E with this." As she said this, she pulled every syllable of the emphasized word out as if mysterious stressors were hiding in-between the alphabetical symbols which lacked the power she sought. "This is my favorite ring." "Oh, and you can look now," Olivia said. 
"Wow! I love this!" I exuded. "Did someone special give this to you?"
"Oh, probably."
"Olivia," I whispered. "What is this beautiful necklace?" I said as I pointed at a Hobby-Lobby-style pink necklace with tiny pink plastic beads intermixed with translucent clear star ornaments. The tape at the end of the pink string indicated it was probably a unique Olivia original. There could be none others like it.
"This is my favorite necklace," Olivia said with glowing pride. "I made it, and I call it! Look, it has shiny pink gems with silver stars," she said with a smile that was cramped for room on her face. "That's what we'll call it; shiny pink gems with silver stars." 


Needless to say, I adore Olivia. She is the new girl I nanny five days a week early in the  morning. I make her breakfast and take her to school. She's a sweet girl, but somewhat detached. I already can tell I will love her. I'm looking forward to starting my job tomorrow morning bright and early at 6:30!! Just pray that my alarm will go off every morning and that I will wakeup regardless of how stubborn I want to be! If I do things right, I may have this job for 4 years! This is seriously a blessing for God and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to get close with a family in NY and hopefully bless them in return. I appreciate all your prayers as I explore this journey. Everything is going by quickly and I get a bit consumed in my work and forget to just have fun. But I'm avoiding homework now, so perhaps that counts as living a normal college life? Anyway, thank you for following me and I will keep posting as long as you're interested! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Hope, I've been praying about your job situation. I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed you with this opportunity!! <3 ya! What great, great news!!

    ReplyDelete