The government and the law is created to defend rights. One of the most fundamental rights is the right to thought (this includes beliefs and opinions). Should the government defend people's rights to believe that certain discriminations are ok?

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Can Reason! from the last row in classroom 4


I came to college absolutely certain that I would fail any attempts at mathematical equations put before me. I wasn't wrong...
...at first.
On a lovely New York morning I was given an assessment test which was supposed to be an easy way to gauge my abilities in the areas of history, english, logic, and mathematics. I. Failed. Miserably. 
Suddenly my confidence was shattered and I was sure college would be an endless duration of classes in which I would undergo the most humbling coursework of my life until now. Then, God showed grace on me!
(I feel I should note here that I mean this to be no farce or mockery of the powers that God has to provide and care for His children when they are in DIRE need, so please pardon my occasional religious humor.)
So, here I am now in my fourth day of my Quantitative Reasoning class totally baffled at the condition of my brain for it is not in mush! My teacher began the course by informing us all that this was merely a revised pre-calculus class which would not fulfill the institution's goals which were the reasons we all chose this "easier" credit. No doubt, this caused a great fear in me and I have been terrified that this would be the end of my high GPA aspirations. But today, in class, we are discussing prime numbers.
Yes, really, just prime numbers.
We've divulged in various theorems involving prime numbers and tediously taken the time to prove them, but it's nothing more than simple addition. Amazingly though at this ivy league competitive university, several students are asking the most basic questions about mere number sequences and the believability of such proofs. 
For now, I am one of the smartest in the class with only the skill set of a lowly 540 on the math section of the SAT. I don't know how this has happened, but THANK YOU, LORD! 
I am thrilled with this turn of events and I must say, my confidence has once again been restored (knock on wood). 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it! Love you, girl, and I'm excited to follow your adventures on here!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete