The government and the law is created to defend rights. One of the most fundamental rights is the right to thought (this includes beliefs and opinions). Should the government defend people's rights to believe that certain discriminations are ok?

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Prayer
Father, this is my prayer in all of my weakness. This is when I cry out to you because only you are sovereign and only you can can give me the strength to follow Your will regardless of how painful it may seem. Thank you for being my Daddy, that strong place of comfort in my life when everything else seems to be falling apart. Thank you for holding me in Your loving arms and assuring me that everything will be ok. In your will there is peace. I only feel at unrest because I worry what others will think of me if I stick in your will.
Father, I ask now that you will show those whom I love why I must surrender myself to what You want. I pray that you'll show them Your will too so that it doesn't  seem like I'm blindly or idiotically choosing things that are wrong. I need you to clear the way for me now and prepare the hearts of those whom I must confront. 
I feel safe in Your will and in Your arms, but that doesn't always mean I feel happy. Sometimes, knowing that I have to take the brave steps to do Your bidding makes my stomach churn with fear and nervousness. I am uncertain of my human abilities to execute everything in love, but I pray you'll give that to me. Speak to me and through me and give the hearers Your grace and patience. I know that in all things you work together for good. I have seen the good which will come, but Lord, I know not everyone has. 
For once I think that I'll be doing something to better myself, my future, and my spiritual walk. Naturally, I have been met with the most adversity for that. Just hold my hand as I walk along this path. This is Your journey for me, not one I've chosen. I give it up in Your hands now. You know what I hope to see from this and You know the future I desire. Selfishly, I will ask You to keep that in mind as You plan out these next years :) But I don't want to ask too much. All I desire is Your wisdom and the self-control to obey it. 
I love you so much, Daddy. 


Hope

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Hope....thanks for your genuineness and vulnerability in sharing this...in a lot of ways, this is very much my prayer lately, too. Sometimes it's hard to follow God's will, despite how we feel. But in the end there is an eternal weight of glory to be gained. Praying for you specifically for this. Be strong in the Lord! I am so blessed to have you as a friend and thankful for the encouragement you've been in my life... <3

    ReplyDelete